Saturday, March 7, 2009

Friends Forever?

Matthew 6:15
But if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.

I have a new roommate and this is a picture of our cats actually getting along for a short period of time. Occasionally there are sweet moments between the two of them, but the moments are very brief.
Sadly, it is my cat who has to be the "Alpha Cat" and she gets all bent out of shape over the very presence and existence of this new critter that is intruding on her territory. I entered the house last week and my cat was on top of the coffee table growling, hissing and her tail was twitching up a storm. Then I look at the couch and see the roommates cat laying on his back, spread eagle and snoring like a baby without a care in the world.
This scene made me think and ponder on forgiveness and how when I am not willing to forgive someone it usually makes me just like my cat...mean, cranky, annoyed, angry, and growling. Sometimes I even bite and scratch. The funny thing is the offender, the person that I am not willing to forgive is usually just like the roommate's cat, clueless and unaware that they have even offended me.
The moral of the story...Get over it!

No comments: